Data Protection Policy
This Personal Data Protection Policy applies to Just Kids Learing Place Pte. Ltd. and its subsidiaries (collectively, the “Just Kid Group” or “we”). This Policy outlines the responsibility of each member of the Just Kids Group in relation to the collection, processing, usage and disclosure of your Personal Data (as defined below). This is designed to protect the confidentiality of the Personal Data and regulate the way it is managed.
This Policy supplements but does not in any way supersede nor replace any other consents you may have previously provided to us, and your consents herein are additional to any rights which we may have at law to collect, use, disclose and manage your Personal Data.
1. Personal Data
Personal Data (“Personal Data”), which is personal information that links back to an individual, includes but is not limited to:
- name, gender, date of birth, passport or other personal identification numbers, images, photographs, videos, closed circuit television (CCTV) footage, voice recordings
- contact information e.g., address, phone number, email address;
- payment information e.g., bank account numbers, credit or debit card information, including the name of cardholder, card number, billing address and expiry date;
- health information e.g., medical records or requests; and
- technical information e.g., IP address or device identification
The types of data that Just Kids Group collects depends on the circumstances of the collection and on the nature of the service requested or transaction undertaken
2. Collection of Data
Generally, the Just Kids Group collects Personal Data either directly from you or your authorised representatives (i.e. persons who have been validly identified as being authorised by you through our security procedures) in the following ways:
- when you submit forms relating to or purchase or use any of our products or services
- when you interact with our staff (principals, teachers etc.), including via telephone calls, face-to-face meetings and emails
- when you request that we contact you or be included in an email or other mailing list
- when you respond to our promotions or other incentives
- when you respond to our request for additional Personal Data
- when you respond to our surveys
- when you submit a job application
- when we receive references from business partners and third parties, for example, where you have been referred by them
- when you submit your Personal Data to us for any other reasons
3. Use of Personal Data Collected
The Just Kids Group either currently uses or may in the future use your personal data for any purpose not prohibited by applicable law. This includes the following purposes:
- to communicate with you on any queries you may have
- to process your order and deliver products and services to you
- to manage the administration and business operations of the Just Kids Group and complying with our policies and procedures
- for service improvements, resolving complaints and disputes
- for identity verification purposes
- to communicate with you and/or to keep records in connection with a job application and other job opportunities
- in relation to a job application by you, (i) to contact the referee(s) and/or guarantor(s) whose details have been provided by you; (ii) to verify your academic and professional qualification by contacting the school/college/university/institute/professional qualifying bodies; and (iii) to disclose your personal data to the Just Kids Group’s customers in connection with your job application
- for employee training and performance evaluation
- to provide access controls
- to update our records and generally maintain your accounts with us
- to detect and prevent fraudulent activity
- to meet or comply with any applicable rules, laws, regulations, codes of practice or guidelines issued by any legal or regulatory bodies which are binding on the Just Kids Group (including but not limited to responding to regulatory complaints, disclosing to regulatory bodies and conducting audit checks, due diligence and investigations); and purposes which are reasonably related to the aforesaid
The Just Kids Group does not practice sharing, renting or selling of Personal Data with third parties. However, each member of the Group may share your personal information with members of the Just Kids Group. Access to Personal Data is limited to persons whom we reasonably believe requires access for effective delivery of our products and services to you, to process your job application or for the purposes set out herein.
4. Disclosure of Personal Data
We may also collect, use and disclose such personal information if so authorized or required by law or the relevant authorities, or exempted under the relevant Personal Data Protection Act or Privacy Act to do so.
Further, we may disclose or share your Personal Data in the following circumstances:
- Contracted by us to assist us in delivering part or all of the products and services ordered by you
- Any financial institutions, charge or credit card issuing companies, credit bureau, or collection agencies necessary to establish and support the payment of any services being requested
5. Accuracy of Personal Data
The Just Kids Group needs your assistance to ensure that your Personal Data is current, complete and accurate. We understand that this information may from time to time change. We encourage you to contact us as soon as possible to enable us to update any Personal Data we have about you. Incomplete or outdated Personal Data may result in our inability to provide you with products and services you have requested or complete the applications sought.
In certain circumstances, you may need to provide to us personal information about someone other than yourself (for example, your referee or guarantor in relation to your job application). If so, we rely on you to inform these individuals that you are providing their personal information to us, to make sure they consent to you giving us their information and to advise them about where they can find a copy of this Policy. By submitting such information to us, you represent to us that you have obtained the consent of the third party to provide us with their Personal Data for the respective purposes.
6. Access and Correction of Personal Data
If you wish to access, update or otherwise change or remove any information that you provide to us, please contact us at: email@example.com.
Please allow us reasonable time to respond to any request and effect any change. We may ask you to verify your identity and for more information about your request. Access is only limited to your own data and no others.
7. Withdrawal of Consent
For direct marketing purposes:
The Just Kids Group will honor an individual’s request not to use his or her personal data for the purposes of direct marketing. Any such request should clearly state details of the personal data in respect of which the request is being made. The Just Kids Group may use any of the data collected in the normal course of its business for marketing purposes if consent was provided.
To collect, use, disclose or retain personal data:
You may withdraw your consent for us to collect, use, disclose and retain personal data that we have on you. If you withdraw your consent or if your consent is not adequate, you agree that we may not be able to continue providing services to you. To withdraw your consent for us to collect, use or disclose your personal data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Retention of Personal data
The Just Kids Group will retain your personal data only for as long as the purposes for which such data is collected or used (as notified to you) continues, or where necessary for our legal or business purposes. Thereafter, the Just Kids Group will delete or destroy the personal data, or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you.
The Just Kids Group has implemented stringent measures to protect the confidentiality of your personal data. We will take reasonable care to protect your personal data from unauthorised access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorised modification, unlawful destruction or accidental loss. These include limiting access to information in our systems, authentication processes to prevent unauthorised access to information and safeguards to prevent security breaches in our network and database systems.
Further, we have appointed Data Protection Officers to oversee our management of your Personal Data in accordance with this Policy and the applicable laws. We train our employees who handle your Personal Data to respect the confidentiality of your Personal Data. We regard breaches of Personal Data seriously.
10. Third Party Websites
Our websites may contain links to third party sites whose data protection and privacy practices may differ from ours. We are not responsible for the content and privacy practices of these other websites and encourage you to consult the applicable privacy policies governing those sites. The Just Kids Group is not responsible for any information that is submitted to or collected by these third parties.
11. Cookies and Google Analytics
- Google's Analytics Help pages
12. Updates to the Policy
This Policy will be reviewed and updated from time to time by the Just Kids Group to take into account new laws, technological changes, changes to our operations and practices and industry trends.
Subject to your rights at law, you agree to be bound by the prevailing terms of our Personal Data Protection Policy as updated from time to time on our websites. Please check back regularly for updated information on the handling of your Personal Data.
13. Contact Us
If you have any comments or queries or would like to access, correct or withdraw your Personal Data, please contact our Data Protection Officer in writing at the address below referencing “Personal Data Protection Act”:Data Protection Officer
159 Bukit Batok Street 11, #01-180
- Bukit Batok
- Marine Parade
- Taman Jurong
- Choa Chu Kang
- Jurong West
- Bukit Panjang
- St George's
- Ang Mo Kio
- Bukit Merah
Get In Touch
+65 6569 0159